- Organic Kombu Seaweed - Hand Selected Whole Leaves - Restaurant Quality
- Free Shipping within the USA with Fast Delivery - We usually ship out on the same Day we receive the Order
- High in Vitamin B1, B2, B3 - Rich in Laminarin & Mannitol - High in Calcium & Iodine
- Gluten Free - Non-GMO - Natural Detox - Perfect for Keto Diet
- Sustainably hand-picked and sun-cured from the clean, cold waters of the Northern Atlantic
- Multi-Pack available - We avoid Plastic Package
CENALGA Seaweed is dedicated to the sustainable harvesting of wild seaweeds from the cold, clean waters of the North Atlantic Coast.
From the boat we scramble onto exposed rocks and harvest waist-high in the waves, taking care to leave plenty of plants for regeneration.
This process not only ensures the best of the select seaweed species is harvested; the procedure is also gentle on the ecosystem.
We hang the seaweed in the sun and it dries within 36 hours.
This ideal environment provides CENALGA with an abundant seaweed resource base which includes:
Laminaria digitata, also known as Kombu, is found mostly on exposed sites on shores in the lower littoral where it may form extensive meadows. Historically, the dried stalks of laminaria digitata, called sea-tangle tents were used in traditional medicine an abortifacient.
Kombu is a low calorie, nutrient dense food. One seven-inch piece of kombu contains roughly 10 calories, 0 grams fat, 0 grams cholesterol, 180 milligrams (mg) sodium, 340 mg potassium, 2 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 4 percent calcium, and 12 percent magnesium. It also contains vitamin C, A, E, K, B-vitamins, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, and copper.
This combination of vitamins and minerals makes kombu a nutrition powerhouse, chock full of antioxidants, which also boosts immunity.
Traditionally use for miso Soup as dashi kombu.
We do our best to pick out shell fragments, but take care for any we may have missed. Kombu is usually enjoyed as is, raw. It is stored with just a bit of dampness, to make it soft for snacking.
If your kombu dries out, just leave the bag open overnight in a moist place.
▪ Store package in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
▪ White spots may be noticed on seaweed, which are salts that act as a natural preservative
▪ This product has a 6 month shelf life
This product is inspected carefully for shells and other debris, but still may contain natural matter as this is a natural seaweed product.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.