Our Organic Black Currant Extract is cold water extracted to retain vital compounds. If you taste our pure extract powder, you'll notice we don't cut it down. You'll also see the quality of the product is the best because of it's simplicity.
What Is Black Currant?
Black Currant is made from the fruit of the blackcurrant shrub (also known as Black Currant) native to Europe and northern Asia. Black Currants are small, black berries that have been cultivated as early as the 11th century in Russia. During WWII, blackcurrants were used as a source of vitamin C due to a shortage of citrus fruits in the UK. Extremely popular in the UK, blackcurrants were banned in the United States for many years due to erroneous belief that they were the cause of a tree fungus. As a result, Americans have missed out on this highly nutritious fruit.
Black Currant Benefits
Black Currant is rich in Vitamin C and loaded with antioxidants. It has a high concentration of polyphenols, anthocyanins, and GLA.* Black Currant helps support immune function, promotes healthy cardiovascular function, contributes to healthy gut, and supports the kidneys.*
- Rich in vitamin C
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA)
- Supports cardiovascular function*
- Contributes to healthy gut*
- Promotes healthy kidney function*
- Fortifies immune function*
- Supports sexual wellness*
- Benefits overall health & wellness*
Serving Size: 5 g ( 0.176 oz)
Servings per Pouch: 4
As a dietary supplement, take 5000 mg (about 2 tsp) once or twice daily, or as directed by a physician. *
Keep dry, cool & dark
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.