"Sea Beans" Your New Favorite Side Dish
This is a quick and easy seaweed side-dish or light salad made from Sea Spaghetti, Vegan Pesto, Salt, and Lemon Zest (optional)
After preparing the seaweed you then generously season it with a home-made pesto. The pest is easy to make with most blenders, and a link to the complete recipe is below.
To put this together, first soak about 1/3 of a package of Cenalga Sea Spaghetti in a bowl of water.
You can soak it for as little as 15 minutes up to an hour. You can boil, cool and rinse, if you're not on a raw diet.
While your seaweed is soaking, blend up some Sun Dried Tomato Pesto (links to a recipe from Simply Q) that includes blending:
- Nutritional yeast. This is the secret to replace cheese in your pesto sauce. It's cheesy without the dairy.
- Basil. Use plenty of fresh, vibrant basil leaves for the pesto.
- Sun-dried tomatoes. I recommend oil-packed if you can find them.
- Pine nuts. You can also use walnuts if you're out of pine nuts.
- Garlic. For the signature Italian flavor.
- Lemon juice. To brighten up the flavor and color.
- Olive oil. Use a nice quality oil that tastes great.
After rinsing the seaweed, simply spoon in a generous amount of the Pesto, and sprinkle lemon yeast over the top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.