- Sourced from sustainably hand-harvested wildcrafted Seaweed, this stimulates the plant become more resilient and fully develop their nutrients and phytonutrients, from the icy, clean waters of the Irish Coast
- Chemistry Tested for heavy metals, radioactivity and other pollutants!
- High in Vitamin B2, B3, B12, C, Beta-Carotene, Copper, Iron, Manganese. Rich in Vitamine E, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium. Contains Iodine, Vitamin B1, B6.*
- Vegan - <3 for Paleo or Keto - GMO-Free - Gluten-Free - Fat-Free and low on Calories - Pareve
- We avoid Plastic Pouches Package! <3
CENALGA Seaweed is dedicated to the sustainable harvesting of wild seaweeds from the cold, clean waters of the Irish Coast.
From the boat we scramble onto exposed rocks and harvest waist-high in the waves, taking care to leave plenty of plants for regeneration.
This process not only ensures the best of the select seaweed species is harvested; the procedure is also gentle on the ecosystem.
We hang the seaweed in the sun and it dries within 36 hours.
This ideal environment provides CENALGA with an abundant seaweed resource base which includes:
Chondrus crispus, also known as Irish Moss, Sea Moss or Carrageen Moss, is a relatively small sea alga, reaching up to a little more than 20 cm in length.
It grows from a discoid holdfast and branches four or five times in a dichotomous, fan-like manner. In its fresh condition this Alga is soft and cartilaginous, varying in color from a greenish-yellow, through red, to a dark purple or purplish-brown.
It has a long tradition in the cuisines of many cultures.
We do our best to pick out shell fragments, but take care for any we may have missed. Dulse is usually enjoyed as is, raw. It is stored with just a bit of dampness, to make it soft for snacking.
If your Irish Moss dries out, just leave the bag open overnight in a moist place.
▪ Store package in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
▪ White spots may be noticed on seaweed, which are salts that act as a natural preservative
▪ This product has a 6 month shelf life
* Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.