- Irish Certified (IOFGA) Sea Spaghetti (Himanthalia elongata) Whole Leaf - 1.5 oz / 42.5 g - Sustainably hand-harvested from wildcrafted Seaweed, this natch the plant become more resilient and fully develop their nutrients and phytonutrients - non-artificial sun-dried - Pure Seaweed - Restaurant Quality
- Chemistry Tested for heavy metals, radioactivity and other pollutants!
- Fat Free and low on Calories - Gluten Free - GMO-Free - Pareve - Detoxing
- Rich in Calcium & Magnesium - Contains Potassium, Sodium, Dietary Fiber, Zinc & Vitamin C & E
- We avoid Plastic Package <3
CENALGA Seaweed is dedicated to the sustainable harvesting of wild seaweeds from the cold, clean waters of the North Atlantic Coast.
From the boat we scramble onto exposed rocks and harvest waist-high in the waves, taking care to leave plenty of plants for regeneration.
This process not only ensures the best of the select seaweed species is harvested; the procedure is also gentle on the ecosystem.
We hang the seaweed in the sun and it dries within 36 hours.
This ideal environment provides CENALGA with an abundant seaweed resource base which includes:
Himanthalia elongata, known by the common name Sea Spaghetti or Thongweed.
Sea Spaghetti can be found around the world - we prefer Sea Spaghetti from the clean waters of the North Atlantic along the Irish Sea.
Sea Spaghetti is classified as brown algae.
Himanthalia elongata is called sea spaghetti because it really does turn out like pasta. Sea Spaghetti can be eaten raw, mixed with spaghetti or added cocked to a soup.
How to cook Sea Spaghetti? Here's an easy recipe
▪ Store package in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
▪ White spots may be noticed on seaweed, which are salts that act as a common preservative
▪ This product has a 6 month shelf life
I had read about “sea spaghetti” on a blog l and I like to try things. It had pretty much the same texture as noodles.