- Irish Certified (IOFGA) Sea Lettuce (Ulva) Whole Leaf - 1.5 oz / 42.5 g - Sustainably hand-harvested from wildcrafted Seaweed, this forces the plant become more resilient and fully develop their nutrients and phytonutrients - non-artificial sun-dried - Pure
- Chemistry Tested for heavy metals, radioactivity and other pollutants!
- High in Vitamin B2, B3, B12, C, Beta-Carotene, Copper, Iron, Manganese. Rich in Vitamine E, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium. Contains Iodine, Vitamin B1, B6.
- Vegan - <3 for Paleo or Keto - GMO-Free - Gluten-Free - Fat-Free and low on Calories - Pareve
- We avoid Plastic Pouches Package!
CENALGA Seaweed is dedicated to the sustainable harvesting of wild seaweeds from the cold, clean waters of the Irish Coast.
From the boat we scramble onto exposed rocks and harvest waist-high in the waves, taking care to leave plenty of plants for regeneration.
This process not only ensures the best of the select seaweed species is harvested; the procedure is also gentle on the ecosystem.
We hang the seaweed in the sun and it dries within 36 hours.
This ideal environment provides CENALGA with an abundant seaweed resource base which includes:
Sea Lettuce, also known as Ulva, found attached to rocks and other surfaces using a small holdfast or living in rockpools if it has become detatched.
Sea lettuce is a bright green algae composed of lobed, ruffle-edged leaves that are coarse and sheet-like and resemble a leaf of lettuce.
It has a long tradition in the cuisines of many cultures.
If your Sea Lettuce dries out, just leave the bag open overnight in a moist place.
▪ Store package in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
▪ White spots may be noticed on seaweed, which are salts that act as a natural preservative
▪ This product has a 6 month shelf life
This product is inspected carefully for shells and other debris, but still may contain natural matter as this is a natural seaweed product.
* Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.