- Irish Organic Certified (IOFGA) Kombu Kelp (Laminaria digitata) Flakes - 1.5 oz / 42.5 g - Sustainably hand-harvested from wildcrafted Seaweed, this naturally forces the plant become more resilient and fully develop their nutrients and phytonutrients - naturally non-artificial sun-dried - Pure Nature - Restaurant Quality
- High in Vitamin B1, B2, B3 - Rich in Laminarin & Mannitol - High in Calcium & Iodine
- Fat Free and low on Calories - Gluten Free - GMO-Free - Pareve - Natural Detox - Perfect for Keto / Paleo Diet
- Chemistry Tested for heavy metals, microbes, radioactivity and other pollutants!
- We avoid Plastic Package <3
CENALGA Seaweed is dedicated to the sustainable harvesting of wild seaweeds from the cold, clean waters of the North Atlantic Coast.
From the boat we scramble onto exposed rocks and harvest waist-high in the waves, taking care to leave plenty of plants for regeneration.
This process not only ensures the best of the select seaweed species is harvested; the procedure is also gentle on the ecosystem.
We hang the seaweed in the sun and it dries within 36 hours.
This ideal environment provides CENALGA with an abundant seaweed resource base which includes:
Laminaria digitata, also known as Kombu Kelp, is found mostly on exposed sites on shores in the lower littoral where it may form extensive meadows.
Historically, the dried stalks of laminaria digitata, called sea-tangle tents, were used in traditional medicine an abortifacient.
The plants dry to a almost black and are full with minerals, vitamins and trace elements. Kombu is known for its high levels of B vitamins, calcium, carotene, iodine, iron, potassium, laminarin, mannitol and many more.
▪ Store package in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
▪ White spots may be noticed on seaweed, which are salts that act as a natural preservative
▪ This product has a 6 month shelf life
This product is inspected carefully for shells and other debris, but still may contain natural matter as this is a natural seaweed product.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
I have used Kombu for several months, and my thyroid-related labs have improved.