- Irish Organic Certified (IOFGA) Gutweed (Sea Lettuce) Flakes - Sustainably hand-harvested from wildcrafted Seaweed, this naturally forces the plant become more resilient and fully develop their nutrients and phytonutrients - naturally non-artificial sun-dried - Pure Nature
- High in vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B12, C, Iron and Manganese. Rich in Copper, Iodine, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc - Great Source of Beta-Carotene
- Chemistry Tested for heavy metals, microbes, radioactivity and other pollutants!
- Fat Free and low on Calories - Ideal for vegans, vegetarians - Keto Diet or Paleo Diets - Naturally Gluten Free - GMO-Free - Pareve
- We avoid Plastic Package <3
CENALGA Seaweed is dedicated to the sustainable harvesting of wild seaweeds from the cold, clean waters of the North Atlantic Coast.
From the boat we scramble onto exposed rocks and harvest waist-high in the waves, taking care to leave plenty of plants for regeneration.
This process not only ensures the best of the select seaweed species is harvested; the procedure is also gentle on the ecosystem.
We hang the seaweed in the sun and it dries within 36 hours.
This ideal environment provides CENALGA with an abundant seaweed resource base which includes:
Ulva intestinalis, known by the common name Sea Lettuce or Gutweed:
The seaweed is could be found around the world - we prefer Sea Lettuce from the clean waters of the North Atlantic along the Irish Sea. Sea Lettuce is classified as green algae.
Just one 7g serving of Gutweed Seaweed provides over 300 percent of the RDI for Thyroid Health.
Due to ongoing soil depletion, sea vegetables have long overtaken land vegetables in the iodine department, with Gutweed being no exception.
Again, just one 7g serving of Gutweed provides an impressive 85 percent of the RDI for iron.
Iron is important to many functions of the body and is most famously associated with blood health.
Gutweed is not so good to eat raw, but has great flavour once dried or deep fried, whereby it tastes like dry sea lettuce or the crispy seaweed often used in Japanese cuisine.
Sprinkle it on salads, sushi or finished dishes like seasoning.
▪ Store package in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
▪ White spots may be noticed on seaweed, which are salts that act as a natural preservative
▪ This product has a 6 month shelf life
This product is inspected carefully for shells and other debris, but still may contain natural matter as this is a natural seaweed product.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.