- REAL Irish Organic Certified (IOFGA) Authentic Sugar Kelp (Saccharina latissima) Flakes - 1.5 oz / 42.5 g - Sustainably hand-harvested from wildcrafted Seaweed, this naturally forces the plant become more resilient and fully develop their nutrients and phytonutrients - naturally non-artificial sun-dried - Pure Nature
- Rich in Iodine, Potassium, Sodium and Vitamin B6, E - Contains naturally Fucoxanthin!
- Chemistry Tested for heavy metals, microbes, radioactivity and other pollutants!
- Fat Free and low on Calories - Ideal for vegans, vegetarians - Keto Diet or Paleo Diets - Naturally Gluten Free - GMO-Free - Pareve
- We avoid Plastic Package <3
CENALGA Seaweed is dedicated to the sustainable harvesting of wild seaweeds from the cold, clean waters of the Irish Sea.
From the boat we scramble onto exposed rocks and harvest waist-high in the waves, taking care to leave plenty of plants for regeneration.
This process not only ensures the best of the select seaweed species is harvested; the procedure is also gentle on the ecosystem.
We hang the seaweed in the sun and it dries within 36 hours.
This ideal environment provides CENALGA with an abundant seaweed resource base which includes:
Saccharina latissima, known by the common name Sugar Kelp, Sea Belt or Devil's apron, due to its shape.
The seaweed is could be found around the world - we prefer Rockweed from the clean waters of the North Atlantic along the Irish Sea.
Rockweed is classified as brown algae.
Sugar Kelp contains mannitol, a naturally occurring sugar that will add sweetness.
Sugar Kelp is contains a wide range of minerals, vitamins, and a host of bioactive compounds.
These include Fucoxanthin, a xanthophyll:
Fucoxanthin has been shown to induce G1 cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in various cancer cell lines and tumor growth in animal models of cancer.
Fucoxanthin also was shown to reduces weight, improves blood lipid profiles, and decreased insulin resistance.
While human safety data is limited, the FDA has acknowledged the use of Fucoxanthin as a dietary supplement and filled a New Dietary Ingredient (NDI) notification of Fucoxanthin.
It also contains a substantial amount of iodine.
Furthermore it contains cytokinins, auxin-like gibberellins, betaines, mannitol, organic acids, polysaccharides, amino acids, and proteins which are all very beneficial.
▪ Store package in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
▪ White spots may be noticed on seaweed, which are salts that act as a natural preservative
▪ This product has a 6 month shelf life
This product is inspected carefully for shells and other debris, but still may contain natural matter as this is a natural seaweed product.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.